FootJoy. It's about comfort. It's about performance. It's about tradition. FootJoy has been committed to creating superior golf footwear, gloves, and accessories that will enhance your on-course experience.
Second to none, FootJoy is the choice of those who love the game, from young to old, from amateur to top professional. For more than 60 years, FootJoy has been the leading golf shoe on the PGA tour. This proves, when given a choice, the best golfers in the world choose the best golf shoes in the world.
- Burt and Packard Shoe Company founded in Brockton, Massachusetts. Soon thereafter named Field and Flint Company.
- Field and Flint Company's FootJoy line of golf shoes becomes official shoe for American Ryder Cup team captained by Walter Hagen.
- FootJoy wins its first shoe count on U.S. PGA Tour.
- Stone and Tarlow families purchase Field and Flint Company.
- All FootJoy production moved to Stone/Tarlow Plant on Field Street in Brockton, Massachusetts.
- Field and Flint Company becomes officially known as FootJoy, Inc.
- General Mills, Inc. purchases controlling interest in FootJoy.
- General Mills, Inc. acquires full ownership.
- FootJoy enters the golf glove business. Sta-Sof gloves are introduced.
- Introduction of the Sta-SofÂ® cabretta leather golf glove, which quickly becomes the #1 selling glove in golf. This begins close working relationship with Pittards of England.
- FootJoy enters the sock business. Socks are FootJoy's third core category.
- Acushnet Company acquires FootJoy, Inc. from General Mills.
- DryJoysÂ® golf shoes were introduced. Even today, DryJoys still set the standard for waterproof golf shoe technology.
- Titleist/FootJoy (Thailand) Ltd. started in Laem Chabang Industrial Estate, exclusively for the manufacturing of golf gloves.
- FootJoy celebrates the sale of the 50 millionth glove sold worldwide.
DryJoys Leather SystemTM , non-membrane waterproof technology introduced, revolutionizing golf shoe industry.
DryJoys with IntelliGelTM Fit-BedÂ® introduced, providing temperature responsive arch support.
FootJoy Laser Fitting System unveiled at PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando.
Introduction of specialty glove categories: Winter-Sof and Rain Grip.
Strategic marketing/OEM product alliance established with SoftSpikes, Inc.
Introduction of DryJoys Performance Outerwear. Â Only a few years later FootJoy would become one of the industry leaders in the outerwear category.
FootJoy introduces women's fashion category: The FootJoy Europa CollectionÂ®.
- FootJoy word mark graphics and logo updated. Introduction of complete line of customized products from FootJoy (gloves, socks, outerwear, and accessories). Proprietary Laser Fitting system travels the United States.
Introduction of the 2 year waterproof welted golf shoe; Classics DryÂ® Premiere.
Introduction of the Dry I.C.E.Â® golf shoe. Dry I.C.E. golf shoe is built on new Laser Last. The Laser Last is a composite of thousands of digital scans of men's feet by the FootJoy Laser Fitting System.
Fast TwistTM insertion system becomes standard on all FootJoy non-Classics golf shoes.
FootJoy and Pittards introduce AQUAf.l.e.x. Leather SystemTM in Dry I.C.E. and DryJoys golf shoes. once again revolutionizing non-membrane waterproof technology.
Introduction of super soft eComfortTM golf shoes. Introduction of ultra thin Sta-SofÂ® Premiere golf glove.
DryJoys re-engineered with OptiFlexTM Technology producing the most flexible DryJoys ever. Built upon the success of the developing lasts from Laser Fitting System data, FootJoy introduces the Women's Laser Last.
Introduction of Contour SeriesTM golf shoe, with patented comfort technology.
Reengineered women's DryJoys golf shoe, re-launched with Women's Laser Last and the Vari-Fit SystemTM.
Introduction of F3TM, Women's Sta-CoolerTM, Women's Sta-Cooler Sport glove.
- Introduction of GelFusionâ„˘ with iSuspensionâ„˘ technology, Xdimensionâ„˘, and women's eComfortâ„˘ golf shoes. FootJoy is again the #1 shoe at the Ryder Cup Matches.
Introduction of DryJoys Featuring P.R.Oâ„˘ (Platform Responsive Outsole) technology.
Introduction of MyJoysâ„˘ custom golf shoes for Men & Women.
Introduction of SciFlexâ„˘ glove. FootJoy surpasses 100 million gloves sold worldwide.
Introduction of the Classics Tourâ„˘ golf shoe which infuses elegant calfskin leather styling with the best in outsole technology.
Introduction of FJ Impulseâ„˘ golf shoes, inspired by the spirit of the young player.
Introduction of Contour Seriesâ„˘ and LoPro Collectionâ„˘ golf shoes for Women.
FootJoy also introduces the redesigned StaSofÂ® glove, the #1 Cabretta Leather Glove in the world, and the SofJoyÂ® Soft, leather-synthetic combination glove.
In outerwear, FootJoy introduces of the DryJoysÂ® Sta-Dry Extreme Systemâ„˘ 100% waterproof shell and the FootJoyÂ® Performance Golf Mock, featuring exclusive ProDryâ„˘ Fabric.
FootJoy introduces ECL Leather System by Pittards. Â ECL (Extreme Comfort Leather) signals advancements in waterproof, weight and flexibility over Pittards previous high performance non-membrane leather called the AQUAflex Leather System.Â
Re-engineered FootJoy GelFusion with the introduction of GF:2 featuring the iSusupensionâ„˘Â outsole, GelCollarâ„˘Â and GelRideâ„˘Â technologies.Â
MyJoys expanded to UK and Continental Europe.
Introduction of FootJoy Golf Mock. Â This signals FJ's first entry into the performance knits category.
Introduction of the revolutionary FootJoy ReelFit golf shoe. Â ReelFit features the BOA Lacing System, allowing shoes to be securely fastened without the use of traditional laces.Â
Sta-Dry Grip System added to FootJoy Performance Rain Jacket. Â This new feature helps keep your grips dry despite the conditions.
Totally re-launched DryJoys golf shoe category.Â This new product features a host of new technologies, all aiming to create a performance golf shoe with FLEXTABILITY.
Introduction of the ProDry Superlite golf shirt.Â
MyJoys program is expanded to include Canada.
StaSof glove celebrates 25 Years as the #1 Glove in Golf.Â
Introduction of TechSof performance golf socks.Â This product features anatomically (left and right) shaped socks with targeted cushioning and support for maximum performance.
Introduction of the FJ ICON. Designed with a premium blend of full grain leathers and exquisite calfskin leathers, finished with a sleek performance outsole. Â Â
Introduction of SYNR-G golf shoes designed with a Tri-Lateral stability frame and a perforated alloy mid-foot support bridge to deliver an ultimate stable platform. Â
Introduction of the FJ SPORT golf shoe. This lightweight and bold design utilizes high-performance features to maximize athletic, powerful swings.
Introduction of the SPIDR2 golf glove. Constructed with Digital Tac Leather (DTR), this glove delivers superior grip necessary for optimum control at high swing speeds. Â
- Introduction of the DryJoys Tourâ„˘ golf shoe. DryJoys Tour blends traditional upper styling while using next generation Stability PODS technology on the outsole. Every component in DryJoys Tour was engineered to offer enhanced platform stability without sacrificing comfort and flexibility.
- Contour Casual is launched and quickly becomes the #1 selling spikeless golf shoe.
- FJ introduces golf's best-selling, minimally-inspired golf shoe, M:PROJECT.